QIAGEN is looking for highly motivated, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. As a senior software developer, you will play a crucial role in developing innovative solutions with user-friendly fashion; assisting in supporting of the products to customers; enhancing the products to meet ever changing customer demands; and writing documentation for software design and coding.
- You would work on the OmicSoft product line (http://www.omicsoft.com/).
- Design and implement high performance components to current products.
- Design and develop cutting edge web applications and user interfaces.
- Use best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
- Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accept programming standards and OOP practices.
- Own the overall quality of your code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
- Produce and maintain technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks.
- 5+ years of relevant professional development experience in once of Java, Python, C#.
- 2+ years of professional programming/development experience using C#/.NET.
- Skilled in Object Oriented Programing and design patterns.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Knowledge of scalability/performance issues and optimization techniques.
- Experience in development of enterprise software solutions in bioinformatics is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standard.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- BS/MS/PHD degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field.