QIAGEN Bioinformatics is a leading provider of software and curated biomedical knowledge bases used by life scientists to gain insight from the molecular information in their biological samples. We have developed industry-leading software tools for analysis, investigation, and reporting of biological data. We are passionate about our users, products, and our vision, and are seeking smart, motivated engineers and scientists who are eager to join our world-class team in creating software that actually helps improve people’s lives.
Our mission is to make improvements in life possible. We accomplish this by designing products and tools used in labs all over the world to facilitate scientific discovery and progress, focused in genomics.
This position is located at the QIAGEN office in Redwood City, CA. We offer a professional work environment, competitive benefits, and value work-life balance.
About the Opportunity:
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will work with a dynamic and hard-working team to help improve the quality of our flagship systems biology products, Variant Analysis, QCI and services. You must lead, observe and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, testing and risk management process. You will work closely with QA, software developers, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases. You will also perform functional black box testing as well as white box and test automation where applicable, develop and maintain the automation framework.
Lead and drive the following processes:
- feature scoping/estimates.
- evaluation of resources.
- distribution of feature ownership.
- creation and review of test plans.
- bug review meetings.
- provide status and risk items at scrum meetings.
- evaluate and manage release readiness.
- Develop test automation scripts using Java based automation tools.
- Interpret requirements and specifications to develop test plans, test cases and test documentation.
- Conduct functional-level testing including both GUI and back-end tests.
- Be involved with Agile iterative software development process - test-driven development, continuous integration testing, rapid automation to efficiently build the best industry software.
- Think from a customer perspective, and creatively solve real user problems.
Highly experienced in:
- Java test automation.
- Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Leadership of people/teams.
- Software testing.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience.
- Both white and black box testing, performance/load testing web apps.
- Object-Oriented programming languages.
- SQL and database design with version control software like CVS or Subversion.
- Selenium, Silk4J, TestNG, FitNesse, Sikuli, AutoIt, working experience with SVG, Flash/Flex, JSON and XML objects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Leadership experience (3+ years).
- B.S /M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.