QIAGEN/OmicSoft is seeking a highly motivated and experienced bioinformatics scientists who can contribute his/her own unique perspectives to our collective understanding of genomics and genetics data for biomedical researches. The primary responsibility is to provide consulting service, to perform data analysis and to generate biological meaningful results and visualizations to our clients with the deep knowledge of genomics and genetics data from varied disease areas. By collaboratively working with internal research and development team, the successful candidate will integrate acquired knowledge into our efforts to provide great genomics knowledge products to our clients.
Job location: Cary, NC
- Provide bioinformatics consulting service to our clients.
- Manage both internal and external Bioinformatics research projects.
- Lead the support on Bioinformatics related queries from customers.
- Communicates effectively within team to improve the products.
- Host global wise webinar and user group meetings for Omicsoft users.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related fields or 3+ years extensive experience in Bioinformatics with Master degree.
- Extensive experience with Unix/Linux/HPC.
- With programming experience in R, C#/Perl/Python/java.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to present scientific data and methods.
- Experience in cancer research and biomedical researches.
- Enjoys working in collaborative team environment.
- Experience in cancer research and drug development is a plus.
- Experience in OmicSoft and other commercial genomics software is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.