- Responsible for the vialing of bulk material, capping, labeling, plate coating and the assembly of kits in compliance with QSR, ISO, OSHA, IVDD, MDD regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manual Vialing and coating of components under general supervision as well as using automation (large and small scale) in the production of finished product.
- Participate in the initiation/change of Quality documentation (i.e. MMRs, SOPs, NRs Variances) as well as ERP (Routers, BOMs, labor and production sheets) related documentation.
- Employee will also be required to complete all product related documentation in a timely manner consistent with QIAGEN’s quality expectations.
- Provide guidance to other employees with regards to daily processes and process preparation.
- Employees will be expected to contribute to process improvement initiatives, maintain departmental SOPs and Bluelines and maintain inventory of lab supplies.
- General daily lab maintenance activities such as cleaning/washing of glassware, production preparation, and general maintenance/calibration of lab equipment.
- May be responsible for performing many of the tasks required by the V&A Technician I when necessary.
- Education and work experience (minimum education level and years of experience required to meet the expectations of the position).
- HS diploma or equivalent with 1-4 years of related work experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to plan the use of equipment, materials and personal time efficiently.
- Able to write and complete MMRs and other production related documentation.
- Able to communicate issues and problems to supervisors.
- Ability to use general lab equipment.
- Familiarity with computers and MS Office applications.
- Command of the spoken and written English language is required.
- Must be articulate and able to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization on the telephone and in person.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Understanding of metric volumes and measures is required.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment for decision-making responsibilities. Must be able to analyze situations/issues to determine if supervisory intervention is necessary.
Person must be able to lift 50 lbs. Person must have manual dexterity for operation of equipment.
- The work environment is fast-paced and involves the ability to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor. The position requires work with potentially biohazardous and/or chemically hazardous materials.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.