QIAGEN is seeking candidates who will assist in the development, implementation and optimization of
sequencing protocols on the sequencer, QIAGEN’s next generation massively parallel DNA sequencing platform. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the sequencing development team and will be responsible for maintenance and operation of instruments, preparation of reagents according to SOPs as well as executing complex laboratory experiments.
The Research Associate will:
- Execute laboratory experiments without supervision and clearly report out results in a timely manner, planning and analyzing of own lab work.
- Support general laboratory maintenance and preparation of reagents and maintaining inventory of
- Prepare and execute sequencing runs as required by development team schedule.
- Produce and maintain proper project documentation in compliance with QIAGEN requirements independently.
- A bachelor’s degree (B.A, B.S. or equivalent) in Engineering or Science; 1 year of experience in relevant area
- Proven ability to successfully execute complex experiments.
- Hands-on experience with NGS workflows in an industrial setting preferred.
- Good understanding of the underlying technical principles of NGS chemistries and workflows, instrument platforms and data analysis preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Working Environment Mechanical hazards, chemical hazards, biological hazards.
- Physical Requirements Sit, move, speak, hearing acuity.
- Lifting Requirements Sedentary work (exerting up to 10 pounds of force).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.