As the Sr. Manager of Quality Assurance, you will work with a dynamic and hard-working team to help improve the quality of our products. (IPA, Variant Analysis, QCI and development services) You must observe, lead and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, test planning / automation and risk management process. You will work closely with content development, software development, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases and automation.
- Primary responsibility over product and engineering quality with executive sponsorship of compliance and best practices.
- Management responsibilities for 10+ US based and 15+ remote international quality engineers across 2 sites.
- Responsibility for overall quality assessment and standards for Bioinformatics Software as a Service product offerings.
- Work closely in a team environment with Engineering and Product Mgt to define test plans and resource allocation in an agile scrum environment.
- Drive efficiency through the development of test automation scripts using java based automation tools and testing solutions (Selenium, Silk4j, TestNG, etc.).
- Utilize strong technical, project management, and people management skills to lead SDLC improvement projects.
- Hire and manage staff, including skill training and career development.
- BS in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10+ years of QA experience with experience managing QA teams of 25+ engineers.
- Highly experienced in in the areas of Java test automation, Unix and Windows operating systems, Leadership of people/teams.
- Experience in leading QA organization with teams in multiple sites and across multiple time zones.
- Hands-on experience in setting up QA standards for large-scale enterprise software covering front-end UI and back-end APIs, data and system-level integrations.
- Strong background in software / cloud hosted applications, data structures, programming and testing practices.
- Experience in managing product development cycle, technical requirements, and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written skills / strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Both white and black box testing, performance/load testing web apps.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.