Join a dynamic team of scientists and software engineers dedicated to enable precision medicine and improve clinical outcomes! As Product Owner, Clinical Decision Support, you are globally responsible for our clinical decision support solution, QIAGEN Clinical Insight™. You define the product’s technical and scientific capabilities to meet user’s needs and drive business goals, ensuring insights from the market are expressed in development. You work directly with product management, engineering, marketing, and colleagues from QIAGEN’s Gene Reader and NGS panel business, as well as key opinion leaders, customers and partners externally.
Your responsibilities include:
- Voice of Customer: you cultivate stakeholder relationships to key opinion leaders, strategic customers and partners, and participate in conferences, focus groups and user group meetings, to inform the development of requirements.
- Product Requirements: you own the requirement and feature specification for the product, in the form of use cases, user stories, wireframes, feature requirements, and functional specifications. This includes functional, regulatory and content requirements.
- Prioritization: you set order and priority of development work, manage product release content and backlog, and maintain the product development roadmap.
- Verification: you verify designs and proofs of concept, ensuring compatibility with user needs and market opportunities. You assess new features for correctness and user experience and provide feedback to the development team.
- Marketing and Sales enablement: together with solution scientists and technical writers you provide marketing and sales with technical content such as release notes, benchmarks, manuals, white papers, product attributes, detail feature descriptions and benefits, and training materials.
Position Requirements (Experience and Education):
- 5 years’ experience in software product development.
- 3 years’ experience related to clinical NGS testing, informatics and genomics.
- Experience in product management with a proven track record in user-driven development of requirements and the creation of clinical market messaging.
- Postgraduate level in life sciences or a clinical degree. An advanced degree or equivalent preferred.
Personal Requirements (soft skills, travel):
- Ability to excel in highly skilled, complex, culturally and geographically disparate cross-functional teams.
- Strong command of English written and spoken, clear and concise writing skills.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills.
- 30% travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.