We are seeking candidates who will assist in the design, synthesis, purification and scale up production of nucleotides.
The successful candidate will be integral part of the NGS consumables department and will be responsible for design, implementation and optimization of synthesis pathways, scale up and development of SOPs as well as transferring manufacturing procedures to operations. This person will be interacting closely with the operations/manufacturing team as well as sequencing chemistry and enzyme development team.
The Scientist will:
- Plan and execute complex synthesis of proprietary nucleotide triphosphates at micro to milimolar scale.
- Perform scale up of synthesis and purification of nucleotide triphopshates up to milimolar scale.
- Interface with manufacturing and operations to ensure transfer of procedures.
- Perform stability studies.
- Develop improvements in the design, synthesis and purification of nucleotide triphosphates.
- Contribute to the development of intellectual property.
- Collaborate closely with sequencing chemistry development group and other functional areas to meet project objectives.
- Write technical reports and scientific publications/posters, document experimental work and studies in compliance with QIAGEN requirements.
- Produce and maintain proper project documentation in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- MS or PhD or equivalent in Organic Chemistry.
- Relevant industry experience: at least 3+ years industry experience.
- Strong hands-on experience in complex multi-step organic synthesis and synthesis purification of nucleotides.
- Experience with nucleoside or nucleotide triphosphate synthesis and purification at micro/milimolar scale.
- Extensive experience with chromatographic purification techniques, such as ion-exchange, reverse phase and analytical methods such as LC-MS and NMR.
- Proven ability to independently design, execute and correctly intepret complex experiments.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills, Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills, prepare data for presentation and present data in lab meetings and to internal collaborators.
- Good troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience with product development under design control is preferred.
- Minimal travel required.
- Ability to work in chemistry lab environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.