QIAGEN Bioinformatics is the worldwide leader in software solutions for genomic data analysis and interpretation in life sciences, pharma/biotech, molecular diagnostics, and precision medicine. We are looking for a hands-on project manager with solid knowledge of software marketing processes as well as life sciences and clinical marketplaces, and a track record of effective marketing project management and delivery.
As Bioinformatics Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for project management of marketing campaigns that communicate the value proposition of QIAGEN Bioinformatics’ products, services and technologies. You’ll work closely with colleagues from strategic marketing, product management, global and regional marketing, and sales across all of QIAGEN’s business areas to market our products into genomics organizations worldwide. This includes, but is not limited to, planning meetings and trade shows, driving marketing projects across business areas, tracking metrics, maintaining databases, preparing reports and providing administrative support.
You must have fluency with product marketing processes and a basic understanding of clinical and scientific concepts, and in-depth knowledge of marketing processes. You may also be asked to support marketing through content development, writing, and editing skills, management of online properties, and social media.
Key responsibilities include:
• Under the direction of the marketing team, the coordinator will manage the execution of key events related to QIAGEN Bioinformatics awareness and lead generation, and collaborate with both internal and with external third parties to ensure the success of all initiatives.
• Work closely with the marketing leadership to deliver on our marketing plan, calendar of events, and drive overall coordination and management of Bioinformatics participation in conferences, meetings, schedules and commitments (booth, collateral materials, schedules, physician attendance, letters of agreement, etc.)
• Work directly with internal marketing services organizations as well as third parties who support QIAGEN Bioinformatics marketing initiatives to ensure their activities are executed according to agreement terms such as the planning and execution of conference exhibits, webinars, online events and other event elements.
• Support marketing team in calendaring key meetings, scheduling events, travel planning, expense report processing and reconciliation, and management of submissions and tracking (POs, contracts, SOWs, etc).
• Work with marketing team to coordinate additional day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of marketing projects and tasks on time and on budget.
• Minimum 5 years of marketing coordination / support experience, with at least 3 years working for software or life sciences companies
Strong project management skills and an ability to complete projects with limited supervision
• Experience coordinating elements associated with event management
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) as well as the ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Creative thinker
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while ensuring quality
• Proactive and can do attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Exceptional organization and self-management skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building, teamwork, and project management skills
• A power user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Knowledge of web content management systems like Wordpress preferred
• Knowledge of genomics applications, including whole genome and exome sequencing, and gene expression or transcriptome analysis preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Online Advertising Preferred
• Agile project management training or certification preferred
• Excellent writing and presentation skills, including effective oral and written communication with medical professionals, scientists, peers, and senior management.
• Strong organization skills, and ability to independently set and manage multiple competing priorities while guiding others.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.