QIAGEN Bioinformatics is a leading provider of software and knowledge bases used by life scientists to gain insight from the molecular information in their biological samples. We have developed industry-leading software tools for analysis and reporting of biological data. We are passionate about our users, products, and our vision, and are seeking smart, motivated engineers and scientists who are eager to join our team in creating software that actually helps improve people’s lives.
Our mission is to make improvements in life possible. We accomplish this by designing products and tools used in labs all over the world to facilitate scientific discovery and progress, focused in genomics.
This position is located at the QIAGEN office in Redwood City, CA. We offer a professional work environment, competitive benefits, and value work-life balance.
About the opportunity:
You will develop our internal support infrastructure for our knowledge base. You will build out and expand our knowledge platform to scale to our growing content needs. You will support our high-performance, high-quality, hosted knowledge-engineering web-applications connected to our core knowledge base. While supporting and optimizing existing legacy solutions, you will have an exciting opportunity to develop a replacement. All in all, a deeply satisfying and challenging role awaits you.
• Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience.
• Strong in data structure and algorithm design
• Driven to understand a rich and complex software system
• Proficient with database design
• Accomplished in test-driven development
• Background in knowledge representation and reasoning, ontologies
• Hands-on experience with a graph database engine (e.g. Neo4J, OrientDB, JanusGraph, MarkLogic) and graph query / programming languages (e.g. Cypher, Gremlin, SPARQL)
• Background in ML/AI
• Experience delivering large scale products and in handling large data volumes
• Apt learner of new software technologies which might fit problems on hand
• Good communication and personal skills who can effectively interface with software engineers, quality assurance engineers, product managers, biologists, ontologists, and customers
• A self-starter with a strong sense of project ownership
• A degree in computer science or equivalent, Masters preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.