- Provide excellent technical support for the QIAGEN Bioinformatics product lines including Biobase, CLC bio, and Ingenuity software applications to our end users with molecular biology, NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) and/or bioinformatics background;
- Become an expert user of our software and communicate key concepts to users from various backgrounds;
- Answer support requests related to installation, configuration, troubleshooting, use of command line, graphical client software, and server software products, incl. cluster-based environments;
- Gather, record and escalate customer feedback to guarantee a high quality and high consistency customer interface;
- Contribute to improving customer facing touch points (help portals, product manuals, video
- Partner with other departments and global teams to resolve customer and/or process issues in a timely manner and follow up to ensure the same issues are not reoccurring;
- Participate in project groups and internal training on technical projects, including server and grid setups;
- Perform occasional on-line/on-site customer training sessions and on-site technical support work.
- MSc or PhD in computer science, engineering, bioinformatics or molecular biology or a related field;
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer administration (preferably Linux systems) and scripting/programming experience;
- Experience with complex server systems including GRIDs is considered a strong plus;
- Interest in bioinformatics data analyses and their biological context;
- Previous work experience in a related field is considered a strong plus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze, define, and solve complex technical customer concerns;
- Exceptional team player, comfortable working in a highly skilled group of scientists from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude, and solid work ethics;
- Comfortable with interfacing users via email, phone, WebEx and in person.