QIAGEN established QIAGEN Bioinformatics in 2014 and are worldwide leaders of bioinformatics content, applications and interpretation. The primary mission of QIAGEN Bioinformatics is to integrate and streamline the solutions to provide sample-to-insight workflows to the benefits of our users in the discovery, translational, and clinical fields.
This is a unique opportunity to join the QIAGEN Bioinformatics team responsible for commercialising QIAGEN's bioinformatics products. The Field Application Scientist (FAS) position allows you to interact with a wide range of scientists across different scientific disciplines to promote software applications and services that provide superior NGS and 'omic data analysis and biological interpretation, and to provide product and scientific advice to key accounts.
The FAS will work strategically with Sales to support key accounts and early access customers, delivering scientific software demonstrations for groups of various sizes, conduct software evaluations and product training, and other activities to help potential customers understand the value of QIAGEN's bioinformatics applications and services.
This is a QIAGEN Aarhus or field-based (home office) role, ideally located in Denmark or Scandinavia, although candidates near to the QIAGEN Aarhus office preferred. Candidates should be prepared to experience periods of up to 60% travel, although average annual levels will be less.
- Engage in scientific discussions with customers and cultivate relationships.
- Train and support new customers.
- Analyse and interpret large molecular datasets such as DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, microarray and proteomics data for clinical and basic research purposes.
- Be the technical expert on QIAGEN Bioinformatics Applications and provide scientific presentations, compelling pre-sales product demonstrations, and scientific workshops to showcase the value and effectiveness of QIAGEN Bioinformatics.
- Ph.D. or equivalent plus 2+ years of professional experience in bioinformatics, molecular biology or genetics-related fields of study stressing data analysis and biological interpretation of Next Generation Sequencing data, ideally using the CLC Genomics Workbench, or Ingenuity Pathway Analysis (IPA).
- Demonstrated excellent written, presentation, and verbal skills including strong public speaking experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating, and training scientific concepts, applications and methods.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel between 40-60% of the time, including overnight stays.
- Ability to multitask a variety of assignments and proven ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and creative, and work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Fast, self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple tasks in a result-orientated commercial environment.
- Excellent project and network management skills and strong organisational skills.
- Experience as a remote, field-based employee highly desirable.