- Strategy & tactics: Accountable for developing the EMEA marketing strategy for Life Sciences and support team of EMEA Marketing Managers across all business segments and markets in agreement with the Vice President, Sales EMEA for Life Science and in alignment with corporate goals. The incumbent will be at ~70% a Marketing Expert for one of the Life Science franchises such as Genomics or PCR and ~30% heading up the team of up to seven EMEA Marketing Experts.
- Design and ensure execution of the Annual Tactical Marketing Plan for the market/business segment in EMEA. The planning and the roll out of the planned activities require an alignment with the various stakeholders (such as Field Sales, Global Service Solutions, Global Product Management (GPM), Global Business Teams (GBT), QIAmarketing Agencies and others) during the various phases of planning and during the execution of the annual marketing plan.
- Directs and engages in the development and delivery of marketing materials / Point of Sales tools with the support of the QIAmarketing Agencies.
- Directs, coordinates and engages in the development of advertising and promotional campaigns with the support of the QIAmarketing Agencies.
- Directs and engages in activities, preparation, planning and implementation of congresses and events (conventions, conferences, customer workshops…) with the support of the QIAmarketing Agencies.
- Directs and engages in the preparation of internal and external webinars (product training, awareness…).
- Ensure sales team are appropriately trained.
- Support the planification and ensure the appropriate roll out of products launches in the regional market.
- Liaison and spokesperson between the region and the business area within the GBT structure:
- Planning: Creation and implementation of the annual marketing plan. Establish and monitor key performance indicators to track the status of the marketing plan implementation and track the resulting outcomes. Be measured on annual marketing plan achievements (based on the various SMART KPIs).
- Business/Markets: Perform market intelligence activities and develop market reports to provide guidance for focus areas of growth and align planning accordingly. With the support of the QIAmarketing Agencies establish a dashboard/visual report based on existing market data (e.g. EDMA report, SIDIV…) Support VOCs performed by PMs. Drive and initiate development of new business growth opportunities by working closely with all sales and other departments (e.g.: Product Managers, service, finance, etc). Maintain and develop relationships with key customers/KOL. Participate and represent QIAGEN in key relevant professional society.
- People management & development: Lead, manage, inspire and motivate individuals and teams. Provide leadership and direct line management for the Marketing managers team. Coach and develop individuals/teams so that they have the direction, skills and tools to achieve targets, be responsible for the performance management of individuals, including providing regular feedback and conducting performance reviews.
- Budget responsibility: as part of the Annual marketing plan, create and monitor the annual marketing budget. Ensure budget compliance; contribute strongly and be measured upon revenue budget achievement.
- Part of EMEA Management Team: Regular reporting on marketing activities and status in EMEA Management Team.
Can be based in one of the following QIAGEN offices: Venlo (Netherlands), Manchester (UK), Wroclaw (Poland), Courtaboeuf (France), Milan (Italy), Hilden (Germany), OR based from a Home Office.
- BS in Life/Medical Science or equivalent required, M.S./Ph.D. and/or M.B.A. preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience including managing a team.
- Relevant experience includes but is not limited to: Life Sciences marketing, market research, business development with proven track record in the Life Science Industry.
- Proven successful mentoring and coaching of people/teams during tenure.
- Strong and established network of customers/influencers/KOL will be a plus.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate data.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation, networking and influencing skills.
- Fluent in English language, any other language skills are an asset.
- Willingness to travel across EMEA (approx. 20 to 40%).
- Position may require split contract with The Netherlands.