QIAGEN serves more than 500,000 customers around the globe, all seeking insights from the building blocks of life – DNA, RNA and proteins. We deliver Sample to Insight solutions for molecular testing, propelling QIAGEN customers from start to finish to unlock new insights. This is how we make improvements in life possible.
Our development team in Hilden (near Düsseldorf) creates the software that makes it happen. We combine data from medical IoT devices with our sophisticated algorithms, and process it through custom workflow management systems. We integrate results of distributed components and microservices with each other as well as our cloud based Big Data solutions and use Machine Learning for its analysis.
Currently, we are looking for a Director, Global Software Development Lead Owner who would like to join our international and truly cross-functional / interdisciplinary teams to create high-quality software that matters.
- You are responsible for the delivery of several crucial software components in the area of Next-Generation Sequencing.
- You lead a team of highly motivated, international, software development leads.
- As an overarching product owner, you will create and share the product vision and roadmap. In cooperation with the product management you will plan and prioritize the backlog.
- You are accountable for the different development streams by balancing the project goals to deliver the right scope in time, cost, and quality.
- Backed up by a good understanding of business architecture and technical expertise, you drive technology decisions and contribute to strategic SW directions.
- You work closely with other disciplines like hardware and chemistry development as well as Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs and Service Excellence, to develop products for research and clinical labs.
- You manage internal stakeholders and, together with our procurement department, external suppliers.
- University degree (MSc/BSc/Diploma) in computer science, bio-informatics or related field. PhD is a strong asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing technologies, with special focus on image and variant analysis, and workflow management. Sound understanding of NGS assay development is beneficial.
- Strong inter-disciplinary thinking capabilities.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in managing software or system development projects, best in an international setup.
- You enjoy to manage distributed and international teams.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent in word and writing.
- You are able to think and act strategically and have strong decision making capabilities.
- You demonstrate leadership skills in forming and motivating teams.
- You are a team player.
- You are objective oriented and enjoy defining schedules and keeping time lines.
- You have a high quality awareness.
- You have no problem traveling to other QIAGEN sites (ca. 25%).
What QIAGEN does for you:
- Trainings and certifications.
- Active support for your career.
- Communities of Practice.
- Get funding for your ideas and turn them into new products.