QIAGEN serves more than 500,000 customers around the globe, all seeking insights from the building blocks of life – DNA, RNA and proteins. We deliver Sample to Insight solutions for molecular testing, propelling QIAGEN customers from start to finish to unlock new insights. This is how we make improvements in life possible.
Our development team in Hilden (near Düsseldorf) creates the software that makes it happen. We combine data from medical IoT devices with our sophisticated algorithms, and process it through custom workflow management systems. We integrate results of distributed components and microservices with each other as well as our cloud based Big Data solutions and use Machine Learning for its analysis.
Currently, we are looking for a Software Project Manager/Product Owner who would like to join our international and truly cross-functional / interdisciplinary teams to create high-quality software that matters.
- You will be responsible for the delivery of a crucial software component in the area of process automation, data-analysis, biotechnology and diagnostics.
- You will lead a team which develops cutting-edge DNA sequencing and analysis software solutions based on latest technologies.
- You have a good understanding of business architecture and requirements.
- You will manage complex software projects and teams allocated to project in international environment.
- You will define product visions and roadmaps.
- In cooperation with the product management you will collect, assess and prioritize software product requirements.
- You will act as an interface between our customers, cross-functional departments and software development.
- You will lead a highly motivated, international, agile software development team.
- University degree (MS/Diploma) in computer science or related field, PhD would be advantageous.
- Competence and experience in the area of image- and signal-processing, algorithm development and machine learning is beneficial.
- Strong system thinking capabilities.
- Knowledge in the area of DNA sequencing are beneficial.
- At least 3-4 years of proven experience in managing product development and/or product ownership.
- Experience with agile development processes, preferably as a product owner.
- You enjoy to manage distributed and international teams.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent in word and writing.
- You are able to think and act strategically and have strong decision making capabilities.
- You demonstrate leadership skills in forming and motivating teams.
- You are a team player.
- You are objective oriented and enjoy defining schedules and keeping time lines.
- You have a high quality awareness.
- You like to drive innovative and cutting-edge technologies.
What QIAGEN does for you:
- Trainings and certifications.
- Active support for your career.
- Communities of Practice.
- Get funding for your ideas and turn them into new products.
- Culture of open and honest feedback.
- Canteen, gym, kindergarten and more.