The position is responsible for supervising team of business analysts in Meter Services group at the Forestville Service Center. The team is responsible for supporting Meter Operations and providing data analytics for all meter activities and projects. Some travel is required and office to be located at Forestville Service Center.
Plan, direct and monitor the activities of Customer Services bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees. Maintain and deliver optimum quality of service to customers, and maximize employee productivity. Implement standards and programs to improve processes and increase customer satisfaction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
-Direct bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees in day-to-day activities. Coordinate and evaluate scheduling of work within the area. Schedule overtime when required. Develop scheduling process to create efficient processing of workload among employees. Review and approve daily reports on expenditures (e.g. daily time sheets).
-Evaluate employee performance and develop programs / meetings to enhance employee's job skills and motivate employee towards department goals. Develop working relationships with union to reduce union / management misunderstandings and resolve labor / management disputes / grievances.
-Design, implement, and monitor identified process/procedural improvements.
-Interface with other business units to ensure timely completion of work and identified process/procedural improvements. Manage, direct and supervise the servicing of customer special needs.
-Establish and maintain a safe work environment for subordinates within the department.
-Mentor and provide guidance to lower level and less experienced supervisors of bargaining unit or non-exempt line employees within the department.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
• 5 - 8 years internal utility company experience (e.g., Pepco Holdings, ComEd, PECO), or equivalent external experience
• 4 or more years internal supervisory experience (e.g., Pepco Holdings, ComEd, PECO, BSC, ExGen), or receive acceptable rating on Supervisory Assessment
• In-depth knowledge of collective bargaining agreements (CBA) and related procedures, policies and processes
• Advanced understanding of applicable systems and technology (e.g., customer information system, electronic hand-held meter reading equipment, etc.)
• Demonstrated computer literacy
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Extensive experience with company systems (SAP, WMIS, Advantex, ETC).
• Experience in electric metering
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers