This Manager role will be part of the Transmission Planning group within Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, in which the incumbent will be a leader in the planning and prioritization of key infrastructure projects to maintain the reliability of Atlantic City Electric and Delmarva Power transmission systems.
This job is responsible for managing, organizing, and controlling various engineering, project management, and reliability activities within designated function of accountability. This includes managing and insuring compliance and adherence to accepted standard engineering and design practices for public improvement, system reliability, and system capacity projects across the distribution system while managing and controlling the scope of work, maintaining focus on accuracy, and ensuring constructability at the least cost. This position may be required to work extended hours including 24x7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Manage a specialized department within the engineering function that performs planning and provides support to associations and industry groups with consideration for company needs and regulatory requirements. Provide staff with technical guidance, engineering expertise and training in all facets of planning. Hire, coach, counsel, evaluate, and manage staff, both directly and indirectly reporting to this position.
Manage the performance and development of assigned engineering personnel relative to site and corporate objectives and provide focus on the attainment of high-quality engineering results. Manage Business Planning, Budget, and Business Performance review regarding assigned staff.
Directly and through subordinates, fulfill engineering and technical leadership accountability by driving the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic initiatives and programs that impact company operations, assure highest levels of customer services, and achieve Exelon’s safety, reliability, and performance goals.
Assure the development, collection, preparation, verification and/or maintenance of company data for inclusion in various reports to government, industry, and regulatory bodies.
Directs and/or performs technical evaluation and/or testimony in preparation for rate cases, DOT, or FERC filings.
Participate as senior resource to companywide programs and initiatives regarding standardized and enhanced engineering systems and processes.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
• BS Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
• At least 8-10 years Professional-Level Engineering experience, including at least 5 years utility related experience (gas, electric, distribution, transmission, reliability, maintenance, design, standards, etc)
• Experience in providing leadership in a high performance culture
• Knowledge, understanding, and experience of Transmission engineering practices
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
• Ability to independently represent the Company in various industry and regulatory forums
• Ability to perform highly complex analysis; formulate recommendations to improve current processes; make sound decisions; understand industry and regulatory trends; evaluate impact of new developments and information involving market conditions
• Business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value / eliminate non-value activity
• Professional Engineering Registration
• Advanced technical degree, MBA
• At least 3 years people management experience
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers