Penn Presbyterian Medical Center has an opening for a Director of Radiology Operations!
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensuring that the hospital mission and goals are achieved
• Oversight for all Federal, State and local regulatory standards (TJC, DOH, FDA, HIPPA, etc.)
• Overseeing recruitment, mentoring staff leaders, staff retention, orientation, credentialing
& initiation and annual completion of the performance appraisal process.
• Policy and procedure development, staffing, scheduling, and coordination of daily activities
• Overseeing payroll, regulatory compliance, vendor management, equipment evaluation and procurement, and educational development of staff.
• Maintaining efficient, cost-effective delivery of the major services provided by the department which include, but are not limited to, diagnostic testing, therapeutic interventions and patient assessment/monitoring in the inpatient and outpatient setting
• Working collaboratively with the Medical Director to maintain oversight of all department
activities, coordinating research, implementing CEQI and performance improvement measures within the department and
maintaining continuous accreditation readiness
• Fiscal responsibility includes budgetary planning for capital and operational needs in partnership with the Assistant
• Limiting explainable variances, operate within the annual budget and continually seek cost-saving opportunities
• Operational Responsibility at Penn Medicine University City Imaging department.
• Performing duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration or Business Administration required
(other Bachelor Degrees will be considered)
5 years post registry experience and 2 years’ supervisory experience required
Graduate of an AMA – approved School for Radiologic Technology required
Master's Degree Health Administration or Business Administration preferred
ARRT certification required
General knowledge and understanding of national issues related to Radiology practice required
Microsoft office skills required
Excellent communication skills are expected and required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.