Penn Medicine is looking for a Data Analyst for the Center for Health Care Innovation!
Under general direction, provides high level analysis of business or clinical data to assess clinical quality, service, and performance and produce decision support information. Provides guidance in data analysis and interpretation. Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and experienced in statistical analysis and data mining. Additional experience in health care and experience with electronic medical records is desirable. This position requires a high degree of engagement and resourcefulness as well as outstanding communication and organizational skills.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Initiates and coordinates complex data analysis projects for the Center for Health Care Innovation. Determines project parameters, guidelines and structure. Generates documents and/or presentations summarizing and providing in-depth analyses of these projects.
• Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates complex organizational data with statistical tools to identify trends, variances, and problem areas. Such analyses are used to support decisions that will guide Innovation Center projects by offering insights that can suggest ways to improve performance such as improved quality of care, improved patient safety/satisfaction, cost savings, increased revenue, etc.
• Interacts and consults with the appropriate internal and external parties to ensure an understanding of factors that affect the data and possible sources of variation.
• Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data. Identifies any discrepancies in the data and in the event that data is not being captured correctly, works with the appropriate members of IT to resolve the issue and ensure that the data integrity is maintained.
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters degree preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience in positions that require analytical and technical skills in quantitative areas required. Within health care preferred.
• Data acquisition, data mining, data analysis.
• Proficiency with SQL and other data analysis tools.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with team members, other health system employees, and patients on an interpersonal level, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills -- able to prioritize work and manage time.
• Strong team orientation with the ability to be flexible with time and independently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• It is expected that all employees will promote “customer” satisfaction; i.e., patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers.
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.