The Communications Associate works alongside the Director of Communications and Engagement to position Penn Medicine as a leader in health care innovation. The Associate is responsible for disseminating news about the Center to internal and external audiences, maintaining websites and social media accounts associated with the Center's various teams, serving as a liaison to the PR/Communications and HR Communications teams at Penn Medicine, assisting with the creation of presentations and annual reports for key stakeholders and continuing to refine the Center's communications strategy to align with strategic goals.
Additional responsibilities include researching, editing, and writing outreach materials, producing media monitoring reports, and managing innovation tournaments on the Your Big Idea crowdsourcing platform.
The Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to reimagine health care delivery, improve patient outcomes, patient and clinician
experience, and reduce the cost of care. We believe the best way to make big improvements to patient health and health care delivery is to experiment quickly at low cost, only scaling once we find high impact solutions. The Center provides an exciting
and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at Penn Medicine and across
the healthcare industry.
• Create and edit content for Center for Health Care Innovation websites and social media outlets
• Provide communication support for projects seeking to engage new audiences
• Plan and execute events to raise awareness and showcase success
• Assist in creating and disseminating promotional materials, presentations and annual reports for key internal and external stakeholders
• Serve as a liaison to Penn Medicine counterparts including Communications, Marketing, and Human Resources
• Assist in managing the Your Big Idea crowdsourcing platform
• Monitor and report out on communication-related analytics
• Manage relationships with vendors
• Act as an Ambassador for the department and the organization
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• 2+ years working in communications, preferably in a healthcare setting is required
• Experience in social media, web analytics, and content management software is prefered
Required Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write persuasively, tell compelling stories to bring ideas to life and engage an audience when presenting
• Professional demeanor to interact with health system employees and patients in a sensitive clinical environment
• Empathy to understand diverse perspectives and the nuances of what drives observable behaviors and opinions
*This position sits out of 3600 Civic Center Blvd*
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.