The Design Strategist manages CHCI (center for health care innovation) projects focused on reimagining the way we deliver care at Penn Medicine. The Design Strategist collaborates with other CHCI staff and project partners to apply methods of design and innovation to understand a variety of complex problem spaces and define opportunities for improvement. The Design Strategist leads project strategy and stakeholder relationships and engages with CHCI leadership to take new models of healthcare delivery from development to scaled impact.
The Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to reimagine health care delivery, improve patient outcomes, patient and clinician experience, and reduce the cost of care. We believe the best way to make big improvements to patient health and health care delivery is to experiment quickly at low cost, only scaling once we find high impact solutions. The Center provides an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at Penn Medicine and across the healthcare industry.
• Develops and executes design research strategies to gain new insight and define project objectives.
• Leverages research insights to define measurable project goals
• Develops actionable strategies to test key hypotheses on how to reach defined targets
• Executes strategies to engage key project stakeholders in ensure project success and scale.
• Manages center projects and demonstrates consistent success in driving new initiatives to scaled impact.
• Works to secure productive and positive relationships with other staff and project stakeholders.
• Helps to lead the continuous improvement of our innovation methods and how we work. Is seen as a unique contributor by center staff and project partners.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Design
• 3+ years of professional experience working in design or related fields required
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Rapid prototyping and experiment design
• Effective communication skills in various methods, verbal, written, and presentations
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to execute structured, insightful, and data-driven analysis and to identify and communicate key takeaways
• Data analysis and visualization skills
• Stakeholder analysis and engagement
• Human centered design research
• Information/graphic design
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.