The Internal Communications Manager in the Penn Medicine Communications Department serves as primary manager for distribution of daily, weekly and monthly e-newsletters and special-purpose electronic communications. This position plays a crucial role in internal communications for the growing Penn Medicine enterprise, providing important information about institutional priorities, goals and values, calls to action and change initiatives.
The ideal candidate possesses strong writing, editing, and web/multimedia skills and technical acumen that will allow effective support and development of new methods of communicating with our regionally dispersed workforce. Reporting to the Senior Director of Internal Communications, this individual will be required to work across multiple departments in the organization to ensure effective, timely, accurate, and well-organized electronic communications.
• Responsible for management of internal clients and close collaboration with Communications team members to identify and repackage content from print, digital and news media coverage.
• Manage electronic communications, including distribution of daily, weekly and monthly e-newsletters and special-purpose electronic communications.
• Write, edit and review content for internal communications activities and campaigns.
• Create and maintain email distribution lists, strategies and schedules, including dynamic targeting for enterprise-wide and local/department/group-specific communications.
• Maintain digital archives including photos, videos, slide decks, templates and creation of self-serve resources to aid in delivery of assets to institutional clients.
• Collect and track analytics for email communications, web-based campaigns and social media activities.
• Serve as department liaison to HR and HRIS for development and management of data for electronic communications distributions.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications/Journalism/Marketing or related fields
• 5+ years’ experience in public relations/communications/marketing and internal communications, preferably within a corporate or matrixed environment.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications, Graphic or web design and HTML, and Email marketing platforms (i.e. MailChimp, Informz, Emma, Constant Contact)
• Experience with digital media i.e., social media, video, infographics
• Experience with SharePoint or other content management systems is preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
• Possesses strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrates initiative, organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to work well under pressure
• Demonstrates ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment
• Accurate and detail oriented
• Ability to translate technical information into language accessible by media and the lay public
• Strong track record of managing projects and processes
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.