Clinical Pharmacy Specialists serve different roles throughout the Health System and the committees for which they participate. This position supports Infectious Disease.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Responsible for provision of pharmaceutical care to patients managed by Infectious Diseases Consult Service or Antimicrobial Stewardship Program. Activities include participation in rounds, evaluate, monitor and modify drug therapy, provide recommendations to optimize patient outcomes, minimize safety issues and insure cost effectiveness as well as provide Drug Information for medical personnel. The pharmacist should be an effective communicator and be able to integrate themselves within the health team and current structure of the pharmacy department. Additionally, the candidate should coordinate pharmacotherapy activities and educational opportunities for department pharmacists and residents associated with anti-infective therapy. Finally, the clinical pharmacist specialist should fulfill requirements associated with hospital and department policies and procedures, JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
• Current pharmacist license in the state of Pennsylvania
• Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
• At least two years of experience in hospital pharmacy practice including precepting students and/or residents or similar experience in academic setting, preferred
• Completion of PGY1 Pharmacy Practice residency (required) and PGY2 Specialty residency (preferred)
• Additional Board Certification preferred, such as BCPS, Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) preferred
All requirements must be met prior to start date
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.