Penn Medicine is looking for a Utility Associate.
Responsible performing a variety of cleaning tasks, which include maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in all food service areas, operation of dish machine, pot washing, general cleaning and use of kitchen equipment. Responsible for stocking and storage of food and supplies, delivering floor stock, delivering and retrieving patient trays. Responsible for providing an exceptional, caring and compassionate experience for patients and their families, visitors and guests of the hospital. Responsible and accountable for achieving patient satisfaction scores according to established departmental goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Transports food carts and other equipment, as appropriate, to designated areas of the facility in a courteous and professional manner following departmental procedures.
2. Delivers par stock supplies to identified units and cleans as per department policy and procedures.
3. Operates dish machine, three-compartment pot washing, cleans dish machine, pot sinks, assigned kitchen equipment per department procedures. Measures and monitor dish and pot machine temperatures, completes and documents sanitizer solution and temperature logs.
4. Protects patient confidential information by disposing tray tickets in a confidential trash bin. Transports and stocks patient tray supplies and utensils to tray line prior to service times and restocks as necessary.
5. Cleans and maintains chemical closet, trash & linen room in a clean and orderly fashion. Mops floors, cleans food contact and non-contact surfaces, and performs high dusting and other cleaning tasks as assigned.
6. Completes all daily, weekly, monthly and special cleaning assignments.
Minimum Essential Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED is required.
1 year or more previous experience
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.