Penn Medicine's Information Services area is looking for a Web Designer, School of Medicine (SOM)
Summary of Accountabilities:
• Responsible for the development of:
o Website layouts designed within organizational standards using primarily web-based and secondarily desktop-based publishing technologies.
o Mockup design and refinement
o Web coding
o Requirements analysis and synthesis
• Communicates effectively with clients in person, over the phone, and via email.
• Converts and maintains websites within a content management system.
• Writes and maintains documentation.
• Analyses and solves problems of a moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and procedures for guidance.
• Works closely with clients to understand the needs of the audience and the nature and function of material to be published.
• Facilitates and assists clients with problem analysis and resolution.
• Contributes to the completion of organizational goals and projects. Errors of failure to achieve results would require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
• Works under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy and accuracy.
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Graphic Design, Computer Science, or web-related area.
• 2-4 years work experience designing, developing, and maintaining standards-compliant static websites.
• Proficiency in graphic design and a solid understanding of graphic design principles
• Proficiency in the development of standards-compliant HTML5 and CSS3 code
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
• Strong understanding of web development standards and tools, including code validation tools
• Understanding of SEO (search engine optimization) tools
• Experience in web data usage tools and analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Experience working in teams
• Experience with multi-tasking and working effectively on multiple deadline-oriented projects
• Experience following specific, detailed instructions
• Experience with video playback on the web
• Experience working with MODX, Adobe Contribute, or another CMS (content management system)
• Experience with Agile Methodology
• Experience working with programmers on application development projects (storyboarding, user interface design, prototyping)
• Knowledge of user experience and/or user interface principles
• Experience writing and maintaining documentation
This position will sit at 3620 Hamilton Walk
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.