The Center for Health Care Innovation is dedicated to facilitating the development, testing, and implementation of new strategies that improve health and health care values at Penn Medicine. Initial areas of focus include connecting with patients outside of traditional venues, improving the health and health care of our employee population, and enabling a culture of innovation. The Center is an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at Penn Medicine and across the healthcare industry.
This position can be filled at the Associate-level or Mid-level.
This individual is responsible for working alongside the Center team to execute Innovation Center projects of varying complexity through the entirety of the innovation project life-cycle, which includes contextual inquiry, problem identification, rapid validation, and implementation. This position requires a high degree of engagement and resourcefulness as well as outstanding communication and organizational skills.
The incumbent will be responsible for designing and executing Innovation Center projects from contextual research through rapid experimentation and implementation. This position requires a high degree of sophistication, resourcefulness, creativity and the ability to lead by influencing others at all levels across the organization. The Innovation Manager must have the ability to make key decisions and perform analyses which will impact project success and completion.
As this is a new Center, the candidate would have tremendous opportunity to impact the trajectory of the Center and grow professionally at Penn Medicine.
• BA/BS required.
• Minimum of two years professional experience required, demonstrating the ability to complete complex and thoughtful work
• Background in Health Care a plus, whether in operations or research.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with team members, other health system employees, and patients on an interpersonal level, both verbally and in writing.
• Responsive service orientation -- positive, "can do" approach to initiatives, problems, and solutions.
• Excellent organizational skills -- able to prioritize work and manage time.
• Strong team orientation with the ability to be flexible with time and independently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point skills
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of three years professional or equivalent experience, demonstrating the ability to complete complex and thoughtful work.
• Background in Health Care is a plus, whether as a clinician (RN, PT, RPh, etc) or in health care management.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and energize teams and stakeholders.
• Creativity and divergent thinking to imagine non-obvious directions.
• Empathy to understand diverse perspectives and the nuances of what drives observable behaviors and opinions.
• Negotiation skills to engage and establish key terms with external partners who can accelerate projects and outcomes.
• Establishes clear, measurable goals to align efforts and for transparency in how projects are progressing.
• Strong analytic skills, using data to support decision-making and strategy.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to write persuasively, tell compelling stories to bring ideas to life, and engage an audience when presenting.
• Be an ambassador for the department and the organization.
• Professional maturity to interact with health system employees and patients in a sensitive, clinical environment.
• Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously.
• Strong Excel and Power Point skills.
• General office environment. May be present in clinical care locations based on the project.
• Will travel between business unit locations in University City and Center City regularly. May occasionally travel to suburban locations.
• May be required to transport materials for meetings, interviews, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.