The Senior Innovation Manager acts as a leader within the Center in the design and execution of Innovation Center projects of varying complexity through the entirety of the innovation project life-cycle.
The Penn Medicine Center for Health Care Innovation facilitates the rapid, disciplined development, testing and implementation of new strategies to reimagine health care delivery, improve patient outcomes, patient and clinician experience, and reduce the cost of care. We believe the best way to make big improvements to patient health and health care delivery is to experiment quickly at low cost, only scaling once we find high impact solutions. The Center provides an exciting and fast-paced opportunity for motivated, entrepreneurial individuals to effect systemic change at Penn Medicine and across the healthcare industry.
• As a leader within the Center, guides project strategy and advises other staff and external partners to accelerate project progress and potential for impact.
• Aligns diverse stakeholders across Penn Medicine on objectives and approaches to complex projects.
• Teaches others to apply methods of innovation to understand a variety of complex problem spaces, defines opportunities for improvement, and leads teams to scale effective interventions.
• Leads contextual research and design experiments to quickly test assumptions and validate proposed solutions.
• Works with health system leadership to scale and spread effective interventions.
• Identifies opportunities for continuous development and improvement of the team, methods, interactions and project selection and execution.
• Leads programmatic efforts to improve team culture and/or performance based on identified areas for improvement.
• Evaluates the clinical and financial outcomes of projects to derive key learnings.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Master’s Degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience working in health care, innovation or related field required
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
• Creativity and divergent thinking to imagine non-obvious directions
• Effective communication skills in various methods, verbal, written, and presentations
• Work independently and as a team player
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.