1. Responsible for the day to day managerial functions of the unit, under the direction of the Nurse Manager. Includes interviewing and hiring; counseling employees and follow through of the disciplinary process, with appropriate documentation; completing performance appraisals in a timely manner and being actively involved in assuring completion of the monthly staff schedule.
2. Acts as a role model and mentor for staff in the clinical setting. Responsible for clinical practices on unit as demonstrated by creating patient care assignments which address patient acuity and staff skill set; supervising and acting as resource for staff and routinely evaluating appropriateness of care rendered by staff with follow up as needed.
3. Maintain open communication with staff via scheduled shift meetings; maintains good relationships with other departments and nursing units and promptly and effectively resolves problems and complaints.
4. Assists unit educator and nurse manager in planning formal orientation program for new staff by assigning preceptor for orientee, following up on orientation goals and checklists and regularly evaluating whether orientee is achieving set goals.
5. Responsible for personal development by planning and implementing annual goals and objectives, in conjunction with Nurse Manager’s input, to assure maintenance of clinical competency and enhanced knowledge of managerial concepts. Supports Nurse Manager in guiding and directing staff in a competent and professional manner.
6. Promotes effectiveness of risk management, hospital and regulatory compliance on unit, by appropriate education, investigation and enforcement of hospital and regulatory policies and procedures in these areas.
7. Collaborates with Nurse Manager and Educator to promote staff development and assure optimal patient outcomes. Actively participates in multidisciplinary rounds and assures staff participation as well.
8. Supports customer service and patient/family satisfaction within department and outside of department within the standards ser for hospital. Assures staff’s compliance with customer service standards of unit and hospital.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains strict standards of confidentiality with staff, patients, families and Nursing Administration.
2. Participates in various committees and task force as assigned. Maintains other duties and projects as assigned.
3. Actively participates in all performance improvement activities of the unit.
4. Actively participates in all Magnet related activities.
5. Performs all other duties assigned.
The Cardiac Catherization Registered Nurse is responsible for:
• Scrub and circulate in diagnostic cardiac catheterizations as well as percutaneous coronary interventions
• Able to administer moderate sedation during the procedure
• Monitor patients' sedation levels during and after the procedure
• Prepare patients for procedures
• Administer medications pre, inta and post procedure
• Familiar and administering IV emergency medications and drips
• Assist in the diagnosis of heart disease of the heart muscle, valves, or coronary arteries
• Perform patient examinations pre and post-catheterization
• Perform procedures like implantation of temporary pacemakers, balloon angioplasty, and stent placement
• Monitor and document vital signs including arterial lines and pressures
• Educate patients on medications, healthy lifestyle, and how to care for the surgical site before discharging them
• Utilize the EMR and maintain meticulous documentation of procedures
Competent to use:
Intra-aortic balloon pump
Philips XPER hemodynamic monitoring system
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience
• 3 years of critical care experience preferred Cardiac cath lab experience required
• LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Active Registered Nurse License in the state of NJ.
• Basic Life Saving Certificate (BLS) - required
- ACLS required
• Specialty certification - preferred.
Days with on call requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.