Princeton Home Health is seeking a full-time Social Worker (MSW) to join our Home Health Team in New Jersey. This is a field based, full-time day shift opportunity. The ideal candidate will be available 40 hours per week. Territories: Mercer, Somerset, Middlesex & Hunterdon Counties.
The ideal candidate will be available to work 40 hours per week:
• M-F 8:30AM- 5:00PM
• Carry a case load of 15 patients/week (3 patients/day)
When patients are discharged from the hospital or recovering from an illness, it takes time for the body to heal. Skilled home health care provided by Penn Medicine Home Health Princeton Health helps patients during the post-hospitalization or illness recovery. This service assists patients in carrying out their doctors’ plan of care in the comfort and convenience of their own homes. In addition to providing care, our team is focused on teaching patients and their caregivers the proper treatment regimen so homebound patients can continue to live a healthy and independent life.
Our Care Teams can provide a variety of services including: Nursing Care, Rehabilitative Therapies (Physical, Occupational, Speech), Medical Social Service, Certified Home Health Aides, Catheter Care, Diabetic Education, Post-Surgery Assessments, Treatment of Hypertension, and Wound & Ostomy Care. Specialized programs include: Enterostomal Therapy, Joint Replacement Rehabilitation, Heart Failure Programming, Sepsis Care, Multiple Sclerosis Care, Stroke Rehab, and Spine Care.
As a Social Worker with our Home Health Team, you will be responsible for documenting individualized Social Work assessments, care planning, intervention, and outcome evaluation for Hospice patients and their families. You will also assist patients/families with issues related to self-determined life closure, safe and comfortable dying, and effective grieving through individualized care planning, assessment, intervention, and evaluation in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team. The Social Worker will help guide families through transitions in care and provide guidance and/or support in the completion of advance directives.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Communicates with patients and family members in a friendly, caring and informative manner.
• Communicates effectively and appropriately with co-workers, supervisors and other hospital and health system employees.
• Preserves confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patients and visitors, according to PMAH policy.
• Acts as a member of the team to the patient family and interdisciplinary staff.
• Anticipates probable patient /customer physical and emotional needs are met.
• Responds with empathy to patient, families and other staff members.
• Keeps current with new providers, new technologies and treatment modalities, and new resources using internet and other sources.
• Participates as part of an Interdisciplinary Team in the formulation and ongoing evaluation of an individualized, age-specific, culturally responsive Plan of Care for each patient and family.
• Assesses complex biopsychosocial systems and identifies patients and families at social or psychological risk.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Master's Degree in Social Work
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• PA and/or NJ LSW or LCSW
• Valid Driver's License
• Active Auto Insurance policy
Related Work Experience:
• 2+ years of post-Masters experience with 1-2 years of related experience
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements
• Experience in hospice or home care setting preferred: oncology, geriatric, hospital social work experience a plus.
• Excellent communication and writing skills, ability to operate with limited direction; ability to multi-task; high level attention to detail
• Extensive knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, and clinical disease processes
• Knowledge and understanding of human development and behavior, and ability to make psychosocial assessments
• Extensive knowledge of community resources and agencies
• Knowledge of federal, state, and third party payer requirements
No weekends, holidays, or on call are required for this position.
Territories: Mercer, Somerset, Middlesex & Hunterdon Counties.