To prepare quality food items for multiple areas of service throughout the Medical Center at Princeton. Food products are to be prepared adhering to standardized recipes, production needs, and following HACCPS guideline for food safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department. Collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
• Prepare any, but not limited to the following items: Baked goods, pureed foods, breakfast items, cook/chill foods, vegetables, Starches, mixed salads, sliced meats, specialty items, grilled items.
• Follow recipes to yield correct portions and standard product.
• Coordinates production needs to yield accurate amounts of products.
• Prepared food items are placed in appropriate pans to yield correct portions.
• Utilizes correct serving utensil to assure correct portions.
• Adheres to all HACCP Guidelines, State Department of Health regulations, and established department policies and procedures. Food items are prepped and prepared, properly panned, labeled and stored, according to all HACCP guidelines. Refrigerator temperatures for food products are taken to assure proper cooling
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Checks equipment for proper and safe use.
• Cleans equipment after use according to the guidelines of HACCPS.
• Immediately reports on any broken equipment to the Supervisor or the Production Manager.
• Cleans work area daily.
• Provide customer service/patient first behavior.
• Contributes to menu planning and special functions.
• Adheres to Hospital and departmental policies and procedures at all times.
• Attends meetings and staff development programs as scheduled.
• Works alone or as part of a team completing tasks.
• Is flexible when it comes to staffing needs and changes in production.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Production Manager.
High School diploma or GED OR equivalent work experience
Cooking School Certificate preferred
Related Work Experience
One to two years of institutional cooking - preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Cooking School Certificate – preferred
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• The ability to read and write English
• Follow directions in a recipe and basic math skills, (adding, subtracting and multiplying);
• A knowledge of weights and measurements (ounces, pounds, cups, gallons, etc.)
• Ability to use knife safely and properly ability to work with certain types of machinery (Robo Coupe, Hobart Dicer, Slicer, Buffalo Chopper, Mixer, Fryer, Grill, Stove, Oven, Steamers, Steam Jacketed Kettles).
• Ability to interact Hospital personnel, patients and visitors
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.