Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a Per-Diem Nursing Assistant for our Behavioral Health Facility.
The Nursing Assistant, as directed by the Registered Nurse, provides direct psychiatric and medical care to patients. The Nursing Assistant participates as a member of the treatment team in creating and maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assists nurse in the delivery of nursing care, such as bathing, assisting with feeding, ambulating patients, collecting urine samples, and taking vitals signs.
• Performs transports as requested (of patients, medications, supplies, and specimens).
• Performs behavioral observations, completes unit rounds, checks, and monitors patients as assigned.
• Responsible for orienting patients to the unit, completing patient searches, securing patient's valuables, and belongings at admission, transfers, and discharge.
• Assists in emergencies and codes according to established protocols.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Not required but prefer six months of Nursing Assistant experience.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• First Aid certification within 3 months of start date
• Valid driver's license
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, ability to work as a team member, organizational skills.
• Has a basic knowledge base of psychiatry, chemical dependency, and mental health.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedures: ability to speak effectively with patients, families and co-workers.
• Possesses exemplary assessment, communication and documentation abilities.
This is a per-diem opportunity. The ideal candidate will be available Days from 7 am-3:30 pm, including every other weekend.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.