Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a Per Diem Registered Nurse RN Tier III for our Cardiac Rehabilitation Department.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for the cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. Registered Nurses are accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time. The Registered Nurses will effectively transition the plan of care with attention to continuity across shifts and settings. The Registered Nurse will assure communication between patients, families and all members of the health care team. The Registered Nurse delegates and functions in accordance with the NJ Board of Nursing Statutes and Regulations.
Cardiac rehabilitation, offered through the George & Estelle Sands Center for Cardiac & Pulmonary Care at Princeton Medical Center (PMC) is a medically supervised, progressive exercise and education program for individuals with cardiovascular disease.
Under the direction of a cardiologist and working closely with each patient's personal physician, our team of specialized cardiac nurses will assist patients in achieving and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Our multidisciplinary team consists of Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified registered nurses, exercise physiologists, registered pharmacists and registered dietitians.
PMC has achieved Program Certification for cardiac rehabilitation by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). AACVPR certification is bestowed only to programs rigorously reviewed by a national board and found to meet essential requirements for standards of care.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Collect and document comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, in a systematic and on-going process.
• Analyze the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues.
• Develop and document an individualized plan of care considering patient characteristics or the situation.
• Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or situation, considering patient/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence.
• Coordinate implementation of the individualized plan of care and document interventions and any modifications of the identified plan.
• Evaluate and document progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation.
• BSN required, or at least in pursuit
• BLS Certification
• ACLS Certification
• Active NJ Registered Nurse license
• Related Work Experience
- 3 years of Critical Care experience
- minimum of 2 years of experience in an area of cardiac care nursing
• CCRN, CVN, or CCRP Certification
• Ability to interpret EKGs
Department hours are 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. Ideal candidate will be available 2 shifts per week.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.