Pennsylvania Hospital is currently seeking a full time Infection Preventionist. This individual will manage the delivery of an effective, institution wide Infection Control Program in collaboration with the Infection Control Committee. This includes:
• Collecting and reporting hospital acquired infection data as required by law and other regulations.
• Facilitating workgroups and implementing action plans to improve and sustain a decrease in hospital acquired infections.
The Infection Preventionist will:
1. Develop and implement a hospital wide Infection Control Program.
2. Coordinate and implement surveillance methods to monitor nosocomial infection rates in conjunction with the Infection Control Committee.
3. Collaborate with Employee Health to provide preventive health and wellness related services to employees.
4. Facilitate the establishment and review of departmental written Infection Control policies and procedures.
5. Coordinate Infection Prevention Education in collaboration with Nursing Education and Human Resources and act as a consultant to all clinical areas for Infection Control issues. (as needed)
6. Enhance personal and professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-services, meetings, workshops and reviewing current literature.
7. Serve on the Infection Prevention Committee and related sub-committees. Represent Infection Prevention on other hospital committees including but not limited to: Pneumonia Task Force, Employee Council as well as assigned Unit Based Clinical Leadership Teams. .
8. Interpret and implement the Infection Prevention standards of care recommended by governmental and accrediting agencies including assisting the Philadelphia Department of Health in communicable disease surveillance.
9. Use effective interpersonal skills in all interactions and perform duties and exhibit behaviors consistent with care philosophy of Pennsylvania Hospital.
10. Responsible for collecting and reporting hospital acquired infection data as required by law and other regulations.
11. Maintain and validate all data for accuracy and data base reliability.
12. Meet all reporting requirement timeframes both internal and external.
13. Facilitate collaborative teams, develop and implement action plans to improve and sustain a decrease in hospital acquired infections. This included outbreak investigations.
14. Recommends and/or initiates isolation precautions or discontinuation of such precautions in conjunction with infection Prevention Policies.
15. Evaluates as per assigned responsibility all policies and procedures regarding aseptic and sanitation techniques, cleaning policies, and cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization policies, employed in the hospital.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Pennsylvania Nursing Licensure or ASCP Certification; Certification in Infection Control preferred
- RN, BSN, or Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP); 3 years experience preferred
- Bachelor's in Nursing or Medical Technology is preferred.
- Oral and written communication skills, computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and/or similar programs.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.