Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Nursing Assistant in the Telemetry Unit.
The Telemetry Unit is a 36 bed medical-surgical unit with a specialized focus on cardiac patients requiring cardiac monitoring. Patients are admitted to our unit for a wide variety of diagnoses, including: need for pacemaker; syncope; chest pain; tachycardia; initiation of medication therapy; CHF; Sepsis; pulmonary embolism; stroke; and others.
Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care through participation in the nursing process. Demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients, their families, guests and representatives of other organizations as well as fellow employees, volunteers and medical staff in support of the Medical Center's mission to provide consistent quality health care services in a professional, caring and responsive environment. Will demonstrate responsibility for individual performance and efficient utilization of products, supplies, and equipment. Will utilize time to insure the timely completion of duties and to promote financial viability through provision of services a reasonable cost.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Displays a caring and responsive attitude and represents the Medical Center in a positive manner and conducts all activities respecting patient/customer rights and expectations. Regularly maintains a neat appearance and adheres to departmental dress, including the wearing of appropriate identification. Interpersonal relations with other health care workers are regularly fostered in a courteous and friendly manner as evidenced by managerial observation and peer input.
2. Makes observations of patient condition and reports and documents information as requested. Has good communication skills with patients/families and co-workers and is able to make suggestions regarding the patient's needs for nursing care.
3. Performs and documents nursing care activities as assigned, consistent with established procedures.
4. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill specific to a nursing assistant in the area of assignment. (i.e. patient hygiene, vital signs, emptying and documenting of urine outputs, procedures, etc).
5. There is evidence in performance that consideration is given to age and how it relates to care and interventions in the pediatric, adult and geriatric patient.
6. Consistently makes extra efforts to achieve patient/customer expectations while discharging job responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality of patient and departmental information with no infractions as noted by manager.
7. Regularly performs job tasks in accordance with hospital and department policy and procedure, including appropriate use of equipment, machines, appropriate use in wearing of physical barriers and safety equipment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Completion of UAP course or Nursing 101.
Related Work Experience
• Not required but prefer six months of Nursing Assistant experience or currently enrolled in LPN/RN nursing program with successful completion of Nursing I.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.