Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Full Time Registered Nurse for the Critical Care Unit.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for a defined period of time (length of stay on that unit) and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. The collaborative nurse follows the plan of care created by the Attending Nurse and the patient/family, making revisions based upon the patient’s response to treatment and changing needs. Registered Nurses are accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time and for effectively transitioning that plan of care with attention to continuity across shift and settings of care. It is expected that the patients and/or families will know the name of the Attending Nurse, and the collaborative nurse. In order to achieve the defined outcomes of care, the registered nurse will assure that patients and families experience exceptional cooperation among all members of the health care team who treat them and each other with dignity, respect and sensitivity.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing - required
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) -required or at least in pursuit
• Active NJ Registered Nurse license - required
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) - required
• Advanced Cardiac Life Saving certification (ACLS) - required
• One year or more of Telemetry and/or Critical Care nursing experience - preferred
• Specialty Certification - preferred
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements :
• Computer Literacy
• High Level of Physical Strength, Stamina and Agility
• Great Interpersonal and Communication Skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.