General Summary Statement
Provides comprehensive, coordinated and continuous outpatient care to patients at TCCH in collaboration with the OB/GYN physicians and other members of the CCH healthcare team. Including but not limited to the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of direct patient care. Supports the mission, philosophy and objectives of The Chester County Hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs physical exams, orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
2. Prescribes medications, treatments and makes referrals.
3. Medically manages OB/GYN patients including high risk patients.
4. Diagnoses and prescribes necessary treatments.
5. Acts as a clinical resource person to staff and peers.
6. Administers medications using the 5 Rights, utilizing correct calculations, and providing all relevant guidance and risks.
7. Administers medications pursuant to the Collaborative Agreement for drugs that are relevant to an OB/GYN practice.
8. Seeks clarification from Physicians as needed.
9. Documents prescribed treatments, therapies, assessments and interventions.
Professional Role Development
Education Training and Experience
• 3 years of recent antepartum OB experience
• Prior to employment, the NP must be reviewed by the OB Department and Credentialing Committee and approved by the Medical Board.
1. Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program and Nurse Practitioner school.
2. Pennsylvania licensure for RN and Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner in Women’s Health required.
3. Certification in Women’s Healthcare specialty by NCC required.
1. Active PA license as a Registered Nurse required.
2. Active PA license as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner required.
3. Active PA license for Prescriptive Privileges required.
4. Active certification with NCC as a Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner or Inpatient Obstetric RN required.
5. CPR certification required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.