Penn Medicine's Information Services area is looking for a Lead Application Developer
This position will be responsible for leading the team in software development principles, technical oversight, and strategic identification and achievement of long-term goals. Evaluates new technologies and provides recommendations. Collaborates with clients and team members in all phases of the software development life cycle including gathering and translating user requirements, development, testing, deployment and support. Contributes to improving the teams' development processes.
• Responsible for complex technical design and development (including database, middle tier, and/or UI), and support of Penn Medicine infrastructure, applications (clinical and non-clinical), and other components and processes
• Participate in planning, development of specifications, project plans, and other supporting documentation and processes
• Research and plan future software infrastructure requirements
• Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• 8+ years of experience in software development or equivalent related technical discipline required
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net required
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL server or equivalent
• Experience with database design and leading complex, technical projects
• Proven ability in leading the design and development of web or data integration applications
• Demonstrated knowledge of SQL Server database design and advanced query techniques (eg, stored procedures, triggers, user defined scalar- and table-valued functions, etc.); MS SQL Server 2014 or higher strongly preferred
• Experience with SSIS and SSRS or PowerBI for importing data to/from and reporting from MS SQL Server
• Ability to manage concurrent projects while meeting project deadlines
• Detail oriented with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Superior communication skills; ability to write clear, concise technical documentation, while also being able to communicate effectively with senior management, clinicians, etc
• Demonstrated skills in providing accurate project coding timelines and estimates
• Extensive experience in Object-Oriented Programming and Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies including Agile
• Demonstrated experience in recommending technology solutions, techniques, and processes for department- and/or corporate-wide implementations
• Aptitude for mentoring junior developers. Provides advice regarding technical direction to other developers.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts, requirements, and implementation principles for building highly secure web applications
• Ability to use Microsoft Sharepoint
• Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
• Knowledge of healthcare operations, terminology, data, and data structures (eg, HL-7);
• Exposure to information system applications, especially an electronic medical record system, in the practicing healthcare and financial environment; for example, Epic
• Experience with iOS application development
• Experience developing responsive web applications and sites
• Understanding of clinical and operational systems at Penn Medicine, their interaction, and their use
• Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture
• Ongoing interest in learning new and emerging technologies and processes
• Demonstrated experience developing within a Content Management System
• Experience handling sensitive data
Sitecore and/or management experience is strongly preferred
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services