As a clinician the nurse practitioner will provide care to patients with acute and chronic conditions in a Philadelphia based Office practice and in the Home Care setting. The Nurse Practitioner will assess patients, order and interpret diagnostic tests, make diagnoses, initiate and manage treatment plans including prescribing medications. Other responsibilities include staff and community consultation, health education and health promotion, precepting of undergraduate and graduate students, and facilitating client participation in research. The Nurse Practitioner will collaborate with physicians in the Penn Medicine Geriatric Division
- Graduate of a NLN- approved school of nursing.
- RN and CRNP licensure in the State of Pennsylvania.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program with a MSN.
- National Certification Board is required.
- Prior nursing experience in specialty is preferable.
- The hours are usually 8:00 to 5:00 but some days may be later due to when patients arriving from the hospital.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.