PENN E-LERT®, a state-of-the-art electronic intensive care unit (eICU), is seeking Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with critical care experience. This is an in-person position - the eAPP will be based at the Penn Medicine Rittenhouse Campus located at 18th and South Streets in Philadelphia (no remote work option). E-LERT monitors remotely connect to all ICU beds in the Penn Medicine network. Full-time and part-time candidates will be considered.
The eAPP joins a group of expert tele-Intensivists, APPs, Nurses, and Respiratory therapists also rotating in the PENN ICU system.
• Nurse Practitioner candidates must be licensed to practice professional nursing in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and possess a MSN or DNP and certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
• Physician Assistant candidates must be graduates of a Physician Assistant master’s program approved by the American Medical Association, and possess NCCPA certification and Physician Assistant licenses in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
• The NP/PA must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working as a NP/PA in critical care and will need high-level skills in decision-making, systems thinking, and computer literacy including two-way remote communicating on camera, as necessitated by the remote nature of the practice environment.
• Must possess good understanding of the logistics of a multidisciplinary critical care environment, including neuro, trauma, surgical, medical and cardiovascular ICUs operations.
• Position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity as well as ability to sit or stand at a desk for long periods.
• Participation in QI initiatives with the PENN core team is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.