Palliative care is care given to improve the quality of life of patients who have a serious or life-threatening disease. Join our Palliative care Team to help our patient in relating to psychological, social, and spiritual problems. The goal is to prevent or treat the symptoms and side effects of the chronic disease and its treatment.
If you are interested in promoting supportive care, comfort care, supportive care, or symptom management - Palliative Care is the position for you.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) functions collaboratively within the team by observing the patient/family needs and facilitating care. The LPN provides direct nursing care to home care patients within the scope of practice for LPNs. The individual will follow the Plan of Care (POC) established by the RN and the Interdisciplinary Team for patients.
• Provides home health services to patients through regularly scheduled home visits.
• Follows established Plan of Care (POC) developed by the RN and understand the process for changing the POC according to the patient and family needs.
• Performs approved nursing procedures and treatments within the LPN scope of practice. Follows appropriate preventative and palliative nursing procedures according to the Nurse Practice Act for LPNs.
• Documents all interventions, patient/family response, and medication administered in the medical record. Maintains patient records so that problems, plans, actions, and goals are accurately and clearly stated. Completes patient notes the same day that patient is seen or shift care provided.
• Assists in the planning and evaluation of the nursing care for patients and their families.
• Reviews POC with the RN and RN Team Manager. Updates and revises the POC under the direction of the RN to address current patient and family needs.
• Participates in performance improvement activities as requested.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Graduate of an NLN accredited licensed practical nursing program And 2+ years Acute care, home care, hospice care, or long-term care experience.
And Full time experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse
Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey LPN licensure depending on geographic location and scope of responsibilities.
Valid Driver’s License
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.