General Summary Statement
Manages placement of admitted patients throughout the hospital in collaboration with Unit Directors Clinical Leaders, Managers, and Admissions Department. Provides quality-nursing care through application of the nursing process. Utilizes critical thinking skills for decision-making processes. Supports the mission, philosophy and objectives of The Chester County Hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Support Competency
1. Communicates with other members of the health care team to foster a collaborative approach to patient placement.
2. Develops collaborative relationships with physicians, Directors, Administration, Admissions and other departments
3. Reports accurately in bed meetings. Arrives to meetings on time.
4. Maintains communications with patient care staff/Clinical Leader to assure a working knowledge of patient diagnosis, test schedules and changes in condition that may impact triage decisions
5. Keeps Director informed of complex bed situations
6. Approaches problems systemically and rationally and reports questionable situations to the Director of the Week/Administrative Supervisor.
7. Assists Housekeeping with setting priorities.
8. Collaborates with the Case Management department for direct admissions and hospital to hospital transfers.
Professional Development Competency
1. Attends Administrative Supervisor meetings. Seeks appropriate resources in difficulty situations Reads and initials the meeting minutes if not in attendance.
2. Identifies strength and weaknesses in own performance and develops a plan of action to improve
3. Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with physicians
4. Demonstrates the ability to help set priorities at bed meetings
5. Maintains and updates own nursing knowledge by attending continuing education programs, reads nursing literature, reads posted inservice material and uses hospital resources.
6. Participates in performance improvement projects.
Education Training and Experience
Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills. Must maintain a professional demeanor at all times. Must be able to manage several tasks simultaneously. Must possess strong verbal skills. Must be able to operate and demonstrate the use of hospital and departmental specific equipment. Must meet or exceed all clinical performance standards. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Current State Board of PA license. Minimum of five years recent clinical nursing experience; CPR certification required.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.