The Resource Nurse position gives nurses the opportunity to float within a variety of units within Penn Presbyterian Medical Center including critical care and medical surgical units. We are currently seeking strong Critical Care Nurses and Medical Surgical Nurses to float to the various units within the hospital.
The clinical nurse demonstrates safe practice within the UPHS professional practice model and demonstrates UPHS core values which reflect its mission. The nurse provides direct care to patients and demonstrates competency within the domains of clinical judgment and decision-making, nurse-patient/family relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. The nurse maintains a competent level of knowledge and skill with providing direct care. The nurse demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Graduate of a NLNAC and CCNE accredited school of professional nursing
- BSN required
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of 15 months of work experience as a professional nurse required
- At least 2 years of critical care experience preferred
- Recent acute care experience preferred
- BLS required, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
- ACLS preferred, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.