Penn Medicine at Home, inclusive of Penn Home Infusion Therapy, provides patients with necessary treatment and intravenous medication in the comfort of their own homes, which can lead to more flexibility and independence in their daily routines.
Our home infusion therapy services are rapidly expanding, making this a perfect time to join a team focused on building relationships with patients and utilizing strong clinical skills to improve patient outcomes in the home.
We have a variety of different positions available, including but not limited to:
• Extended Infusion Therapy roles
• Dual Infusion Roles – Focusing on both infusion services and case management. This is a blended role where you maintain a dedicated case load. As a clinician, you’re able to help educate your patients as well as work to prevent hospital readmissions.
These positions offer the following:
• Schedule/shift flexibility: Possible shifts would include 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts. Shift times are dependent on geographical territory openings as well as clinical specialty (i.e. long infusion vs. dual infusion roles).
• Intimate treatment setting: All care is provided in a 1:1 ratio.
• You will function as a true partner in patient care: Educating patients and caregivers in proper care techniques is our primary goal.
• Ability to utilize clinical skills obtained from the acute care or inpatient settings to keep your skills sharp.
The Clinical Nurse II is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
The Clinical Nurse II possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice. The Clinical Nurse II exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains. The Clinical Nurse II independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients ranging in age from infancy to the elderly. Additional competencies include Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork.
The Clinical Nurse II works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of patients.
The Clinical Nurse II will seek feedback in assuming leadership roles and provides feedback for improved clinical practice, demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, and goals and the care delivery system, and will comply with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
• BSN from an accredited school of nursing OR currently enrolled in a BSN program from an accredited
school of nursing is required.
• Must have more than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable, at time of hire.
• Must possess active Pennsylvania RN License, at time of hire.
• Must possess active BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a car and car insurance.
Coverage would be based on candidates location; areas we cover West Philadelphia, Center City, South/West Philadelphia, South Philadelphia or parts of the Main Line/ City Line Area.
8/hr shifts available OR 10/hr shifts available OR 12/hr shifts available
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.