Penn Medicine Princeton Health is searching for a Per Diem – night, Registered Nurse for our Clinical Decision Unit. The CDU is a 12-bed unit which populates from admissions from the Emergency Room.
Registered Nurses are responsible for establishing a therapeutic relationship and an individualized plan of care with the patient for a defined period of time (length of stay on that unit) and for communicating that plan of care to his/her collaborative partners. The collaborative nurse follows the plan of care created by the Attending Nurse and the patient/family, making revisions based upon the patient’s response to treatment and changing needs. Registered Nurses are accountable for planning, delivering, coordinating, evaluating, and modifying the patient’s care for that defined period of time and for effectively transitioning that plan of care with attention to continuity across shift and settings of care. It is expected that the patients and/or families will know the name of the Attending Nurse, and the collaborative nurse. In order to achieve the defined outcomes of care, the registered nurse will assure that patients and families experience exceptional cooperation among all members of the health care team who treat them and each other with dignity, respect and sensitivity.
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• The Registered Nurse collects and documents comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation, in a systematic and on-going process.
• The Registered Nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine diagnoses or issues.
• The Registered Nurse develops and documents an individualized plan of care considering patient characteristics or the situation. The plan prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
• The Registered Nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the persons served or situation, considering persons-served/family cultural values, ethics, environment, and other associated risks, benefits, costs and current scientific evidence.
• The Registered Nurse coordinates implementation of the individualized plan of care and documents interventions and any modifications of the identified plan.
• The Registered Nurse evaluates and documents progress toward attainment of outcomes, including the patient and others involved in the care or situation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing or in pursuit of a BSN
Related Work Experience
Greater than 15 months professional nursing experience
Active New Jersey Registered Nurse License (required prior to first day of hire) required
Basic Life Support Certification (required prior to first day of hire) required
National Nursing Certification preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.