This Clinical Nurse performs nursing functions as required within the DOM outpatient practices, as a float staff. Will perform nursing functions in various practices throughout the DOM/CPUP practices including STRESS TESTING LAB and ENDOSCOPY RECOVERYUNIT.
Strong telephone triage and assessment skills required. Provides care for patients in all adult age groups from young adult to geriatrics, including assessment and management of the patients. Works closely with all members of the practice.
The RN is expected to promote organizational values of patient and visitor satisfaction by demonstrating courtesy and respect for patients and their families, visitors and other employees. Must demonstrate competence in the care of patients served.
The Ambulatory RN II will responsible in performing the following duties:
* Care for patients in all adult age groups from young adults to geriatrics, including assessment and management of the patients. Works closely with all members of the practice.
* Promote organizational values of patient and visitor satisfaction by demonstrating courtesy and respect for patients and their families, visitors and other employees.
* Demonstrate competence in the care of patients served. Hours may be adjusted to meet the operational needs of the Department.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and the attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice as specified in the Ambulatory Nurse II position description addendum. The Ambulatory Nurse II Organizationalcompetencieswhichreflects its mission and are embedded in the professional practice competency domains.
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly. The Demonstrateswithinthecompetency domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice and Research, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork
The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague works closely with the inter professional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care basedonphysical,psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients
Must have Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, at time of hire.
• Must have more than 15 months relevant professional nursing experience and completion of the Nurse Residency Program, if applicable, at time of hire.
• Must possess active Pennsylvania RN License, at time of hire.
• Must possess active BLS/CPR, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
o This is a float position within the Department of Medicine, will travel to different practices as needed which could be a different practice daily
o Will need to travel- we have practices at PCAM, PAH, PPMC, Radnor and CCH plus a few areas on Market/Chestnut St
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.