Penn Medicine Princeton Health/Princeton House Behavioral Health Wing 1 is seeking a Part-Time Registered Nurse to join the team.
The registered staff nurse is responsible for the provision of nursing care based on standards of professional nursing practice. The registered nurse demonstrates knowledge in the nursing process including: assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
The registered staff nurse utilizes primary nursing to achieve optimal patient outcomes and takes an integral role in collaborating with other disciplines toward patient outcome.
1. Develops and maintains a plan of nursing care based on goals derived from identified needs; revises the patients individualized plan of care as indicated.
2. Implements individualized nursing plan of care, consistent with established policies, procedures, and protocols.
3. Evaluates and documents patient responses to nursing care, and participates in evaluating and improving the delivery of care on the unit.
4. Demonstrates accuracy in entering medication orders on the computer and medication administration.
5. Provides appropriate coordination of care and intervention to patients undergoing a psychiatric or medical emergency.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience
• Previous behavioral health experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• RN licensure State of New Jersey.
• BLS certification
• ANCC certification in psychiatric mental health nursing preferred.
• CARN certification preferred.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
• Possesses exemplary assessment, communication, and documentation abilities.
• Has a knowledge base of principles of psychiatry, chemical dependency, and mental health.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, ability to work in a team environment, and organizational skills.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, instructions, and procedures.
• Can speak effectively with patients, families, and co-workers.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.