The ECT nurse coordinates the pre-, peri- and post-aspects of case for the ECT patient/family following all regulatory, including ASPAN Guidelines. In conjunction with ECT physician and ECT Coordinator, develops and maintains ECT program and quality patientcare.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Documents patient/family teaching and communicates need for follow-up to primary nurse or designee.
2. Assists ECT physician to ensure completion of pre-ECT work-up. Ensures current laboratory, EKG and x-ray data in chart for all patients.
3. Deliveries quality nursing care to the anesthetize patient following ASPAN Guidelines.
4. Ensures all equipment is available and in working condition. Reports immediately to ECT Coordinator any equipment not meeting standards of patient care.
5. Provides assessment of patient response to ECT, including evaluation of confusion, ECT delirium, etc., and documents in QCPR.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) required or in pursuit of
Related Work Experience:
One year Medical/Surgical - Required Critical Care, PACU or Same Day Surgery experience - Preferred
Related Work Experience
• Previous behavioral health experience preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
• RN licensure State of New Jersey.
• BLS certification
• ANCC certification in psychiatric mental health nursing preferred.
• CARN certification preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.