The dedicated Resource Nurse we seek will work in the role of primary and/or associate nurse within the professional practice model and will demonstrate the core values, which reflects the hospital's mission. Assuming responsibility for the plan of care and utilizing the Nursing process in the delivery of care, you will facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum, and demonstrate safe practice within the domains of clinical judgment and decision making, nurse-patient/family relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. In addition, you will maintain a safe level of knowledge and skill with technical procedures and interpersonal communication, while demonstrating the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the expected standards.
The Resource nurse will report to the Staffing Office or the PCC on their scheduled days to work.
The Nurse will be scheduled to work on different units (MICU, SICU, CCU and 4E, or the two Telemetries) when there is an identified need. This necessitates that the RN has experience in a multitude of areas in the hospital. It is a very exciting opportunity to always be in a new and different area of the hospital.
- Graduate of a NLNAC and CCNE accredited school of professional nursing
- BSN required
- Licensure as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Minimum of 15 months of work experience as a professional nurse required
- At least 2 years of critical care experience preferred
- Recent acute care experience preferred
- BLS required, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
- ACLS preferred, as a healthcare provider as per the American Heart Association at time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.