Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Nursing Assistant to join our Acute Rehabilitation Unit in Plainsboro, NJ. This is a full-time evening shift opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be available to work 37.60 hours/week:
• Work M-F 8-hour shifts 3:00PM-11:00PM
• Work 2 weekends per month (Saturday & Sunday)
Our Acute Rehabilitation Unit is a 17 bed unit located on the fourth floor of the Atkinson Pavilion at Penn Medicine Princeton Health, a leading teaching hospital and state-designated Primary Stroke Center. Our Acute Rehabilitation Unit is one of only 10 inpatient hospital programs in New Jersey to hold the CARF Accreditation distinction. The Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center Acute Rehabilitation unit is committed to helping patients resume their regular activities as quickly as possible.
As a Nursing Assistant in the Acute Rehabilitation Unit you will be responsible for assisting nurses in the delivery of nursing care provided to patients with medical and functional disabilities to attain and restore maximum function through a patient-centered care approach. Nursing Assistants participate as members of the treatment team in creating and maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu.
We care for individuals with conditions resulting from:
• Complex joint replacements, including bilateral knee and hip replacements
• Debilitating rheumatoid arthritis
• Guillaine-Barré syndrome
• Hip fractures
• Major multiple trauma
• Medical complexity
• Multiple sclerosis
• Neurological conditions
• Parkinson's disease
Some job functions and duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Assists nurses in the delivery of nursing care in the Acute Rehabilitation Department.
• Makes observations of patient condition and reports and documents information as requested.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skill as it pertains to patient hygiene, vital signs, emptying and documenting of urine outputs, procedures, etc.
• Performs and documents nursing care activities as assigned, consistent with established procedures.
• Performs daily audits such as; ensuring the temperatures of medication refrigerators are within the specified guidelines and any other audits, as assigned by the nurse or nurse manager.
• Participates in keeping the nursing unit clean and well organized (i.e. patient rooms, work stations, and hallways).
• Obtains, stocks, and organizes patient care and unit supplies.
• Uses products, supplies, and equipment in an efficient manner, keeping waste within department limits as observed by peers and supervision.
• Identifies and reports broken or malfunctioning equipment or needed repairs on the unit.
• Exhibits good communication skills with patients/families and co-workers and is able to make suggestions regarding the patient's needs for nursing care.
• Participates in quality assurance activities on the unit by attending unit staff meetings and meeting annual required in-services standard and maintains competency through annual in-services and/or education.
• Responsible for transferring patients to other units or to the front corridor to be discharged home.
• Performs job tasks in accordance with hospital and department policy and procedure, including appropriate use of equipment, machines, appropriate use in wearing of physical barriers and safety equipment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent - required
• Completion of UAP course or Nursing 101
Licensure, Certification or Registration Requirements:
• Basic Life Saving certification (BLS) for healthcare providers
Related Work Experience:
• Not required but prefer six months of Nursing Assistant experience or current enrollment in LPN/RN nursing program with successful completion of Nursing I.
Specialized Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
• Customer Service skills
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.