The Heart & Vascular ICU at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center is looking for a Per Diem Mobility Pool Nurse for the night shift to join their team.
The ideal staff nurse practices in collaboration with the healthcare team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. You will provide direct care to patients who may range in age from infancy to the elderly and demonstrate competency within the domains of clinical judgment and decision-making, nurse-patient/family relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. The staff nurse demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, educational, safety, and age appropriate considerations of assigned patients. The nurse complies with all regulations and standards of regulatory and accrediting bodies.
The qualified candidate must be a graduate of a NLN approved school of professional nursing, have a BSN, and licensure as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Experience as an RN for one to two years or more .BLS required.
The staff of the HVICU primarily cares for critically ill patients with acute cardiovascular disorders as well as post-operative cardiac and vascular surgery patients with broad range of disease processes. Admission criteria for the HVICU are established and include, but are not limited to, the following patient groups:
• Acute MI including Heart Rescue Program patients
• Patients post-cardiac arrest, including patients receiving therapeutic hypothermia
• Heart Failure
• Shock: cardiogenic, hypovolemic, septic, and occasionally hemorrhagic and anaphylactic
• Acute pulmonary edema
• Primary and secondary pulmonary hypertension
• Patients requiring mechanical ventilation
• Post-surgical patients: Open Heart Surgery population, carotid endarterectomy, s/p pacemaker and ICD insertion, vascular surgery
• Respiratory failure
• Valvular heart disease
• Patients requiring continuous renal replacement therapy
• Patients post-percutaneous cardiovascular procedures
• Patients requiring Ventricular Assist Device both percutaneous or implanted
• Patients with multi-system failure
• Patients requiring ECMO
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.